Honduras is the second poorest country in the western hemisphere. The people born into this country have little chance of a good education and health in this life and are even less likely to be with Christ in the next life. Approximately 40% of the population is under 15 years of age and of these children approximately 150,000 are abandoned or unwanted; and some are orphaned. 80% of the people claim to be Roman Catholic and Honduras is the most religious country in the Americas. The murder rate in Honduras is the highest in the world because of the drug cartels and the corrupt government. Because of the strong holds of religion and poverty these souls for which Christ died are in need help. The people are so blinded by religion that they can not see the beautiful salvation of Jesus Christ. To the vast majority of people here in Honduras Jesus is a good luck charm, something you try using when your luck has run out or you’ve hit hard times. They think writing ‘Jesus’ or ‘God’ on their cars and houses will protect them, but real faith is almost non-existent.
• The average Honduran makes $1200 US a year.
• Honduras is the most Religious country in the Americas.
• Of teenagers 12 and 18 only 54% will do studies of any sort.
• 40% of Hondurans are under the age of 15.
• There is over 150,000 orphans in Honduras.
• According to Unicef 38% of girls will have a child by the age of 19. The second highest rate in Latin America.
• 81% of adults can not read or write.